London was lovely. Mostly grey, but lovely.
Staying here with some of our oldest family friends who I hadn’t seen since I was about one was also such a treat. I’d heard my parents speak so fondly of London after living here for several years and I was excited to experience it for myself.
There was a lot to like about London and to keep this short and sweet, just like my time here, I’ve made a list of things I remember most (bearing in mind this was two years ago):
- The pubs are great and have that true English vibe you hope for
- Trains will get you anywhere you want to go
- Oxford Street is nuts! Some very cool shops, but too busy for my liking. I did see Inka Williams though and she is every bit a babe IRL
- Tick off the London Eye, it’s fun to say you’ve done it
- Harrods is the BOMB – levels upon levels of retail goodness and stunning architecture to match
- I am an avid Made in Chelsea fan and going to the bridge where Spencer infamously dumped Louise was essential
- The open top red buses are a thing and you should jump on one immediately
- It’s inevitable you’ll consume bucket loads of Pimm’s
- Seeing the Royal Palace makes you feel special but severely unimportant at the same time
- The Tower of London is a must explore and home to an unbelievable amount of history (and Ravens)
This is one place I’m bound to be back.